Colleges and universities come to Mid America Coach to help fulfill their student transportation needs. Why? Because we offer a variety of minibuses for colleges and universities that fit the school’s bill when it comes to size, comfort and value.
From campus shuttle buses to activity and athletic buses, we’ve got the bus for you. Plus, all our buses meet all the applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements for commercial minibuses for colleges and universities.
Not sure where to start? Try the Starquest by Starcraft. This bus is an ideal candidate for 15-passenger van replacement issues and offers big-bus features in a van-sized package, such as:
- Dual rear wheels for stability
- Larger Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings (GVWR) starting at 11,500# vs. 9100# found in a 15 passenger van
- Full FMVSS rollover protection certification (not found in 15-passenger vans)
- Center aisle 2 & 2 seating
- Stand up interior
- Double out electric bus doors
- Non-CDL models available with and without rear luggage options
Mid America Coach carries a complete line of 25-passenger buses from Ameritrans, Champion, and Starcraft. Wheelchair-accessible vehicles are also available to ensure ADA compliance.
Need a college shuttle buses with more seating? Try the Champion Defender, built on the Ford F550 chassis. With it larger wheelbase, these buses can easily handle up to 33 passenger configurations.
If you need an even larger capacity university minibus, consider the Starcraft XLT, built on the Ford F-650 chassis. These shuttle buses can comfortably accommodate up to 45 passengers in safety and economy.