Blog | Wheelchair Van
Whether this is your first vehicle or you have bought many before, buying a wheelchair van that is for sale can be a little more than your average purchase. You must take care to find the perfect fit for you and your family before rushing into buying a vehicle.
Here are some tips to make buying a wheelchair accessible van a little smoother.
- Know how much you are able to spend. Whether you have saved up for your van or if you have to take out a loan, it is important to know how much you are able to spend on a vehicle before you go shopping.
- Check into financial help. There are places to get some financial help, especially if you just need a few modifications done to your van.
- Decide if you are going to buy a van and convert it into a wheelchair van or buy one that is all ready to go. This may come down to cost or availability.
- Decide what features that you need in a van before you go shopping. Do you want a manual lift or an electronic one? How many other people are going to use the van? Are you going to take the whole family places?
- Search both the newspaper and internet to find vans that are for sale.
- Be sure to take the van for a test drive and see how it runs. Try to drive several different ones so that you know how different ones feel.
- Take the van to your mechanic to give it a good checkout before buying it.
Buying a wheelchair van is a big investment and you need to make sure that you make the best choice possible. So, before you even go shopping, figure out how much you can spend and decide what you are looking for. Then, start looking around. Make sure that you drive a few vans before you decide on one to buy. Be sure to have your mechanic look over any vehicle before you buy it.
Contact us when you are ready to make your purchase.
Blog | Handicapped Minivans | Personal Mobility | Wheelchair Van
Whether you or a loved one, members of your church or senior living home, or clients of your limo/shuttle service rely on a wheelchair for personal mobility, there is no reason they should put up with restricted automotive mobility! If you are in the market for a top quality wheelchair equiped van, you are in luck because Mid America Coach has Braun wheelchair vans for sale.
At Mid America, our reputation depends on a long list of satisfied customers and to keep that list growing, we carry only the best. BraunAbility is the leading manufacturer of wheelchair accessible vans in the United States, which is exactly why we’ve partnered with them. In addition to relying on top-quality Braun lifts, our 30 years of experience in the business mean we know the common problems with used vans and we avoid them for you. When it comes time for maintenance or repair, from tires to upholstery to lifts, we have you covered, both for parts and labor.
While our inventory is constantly changing, we maintain a steady inventory of:
- Medical transportation vans (non-emergency)
- Personal-use/lowered-floor minivans
- Full-sized wheelchair vans (Ford only)
- Wheelchair shuttle buses (if you’re in the market for something bigger)
These vans come from the major manufacturers–Ford, Honda, Chrysler, Dodge, or Toyota–and are available in a wide range of options, such as trim, color, upholstery, lift styles, and price points. So whether you want to purchase a fine used wheelchair accessible van or want to create a van customized just for you, Mid America can help you bring that dream to life. We’ll help you select from our inventory of Braun Wheelchair vans for sale or for lease, which ever works better for your budget.
You deserve to be as mobile as you want. Don’t let a wheelchair stop you from enjoying being on the road, seeing friends and family, and enjoying the majestic scenery of this great country. If you’re ready to hit the road in your own stylish, safe, and sensible wheelchair accessible van, please contact us so we can help you get your freedom back!
Blog | Wheelchair Van
If you’re in the market for used wheelchair minivans in Kansas City, Mid America Coach is who you need to talk to. We have a variety of new and used handicap accessible minivans, full sized vans and shuttle buses to choose from. We also provide service to wheelchair capable vehicles, including wheelchair lift service and maintenance.
Minivans are the perfect solution for wheelchair-bound or elderly individuals who desire mobility in a stylish package that has enough room for the whole family. Most of the new and used minivans we have at our Kansas City location are designed to seat five people, including one position for a wheelchair.
By partnering with the Braun Corporation — the leader in the manufacturing of wheelchair accessible vehicles in the United States — we are able to offer Entervan and Rampvan conversions on our used minivans. These conversions feature a lowered floor for ease in entering and exiting the vehicle in a wheelchair, color matched ramps that are in-floor or foldout, automatic operation of the door and ramp, a removable driver’s seat that allows for a person to drive from their wheelchair or scooter as well as removable passenger seats, wheelchair tie-downs, hand control options and much more. Further, BraunAbility minivans look just like any other minivan on the road today.
For thirty years, Mid America Coach has been trusted by Kansas City residents to provide mobility solutions that help people regain their freedom. There’s no such thing as one size fits all in this business, but there’s a mobility choices for every unique person and every unique circumstance. If you’re looking for the best selection in used wheelchair minivans in Kansas City, give us a call. For more information about purchasing used handicap accessible minivans, vans, and shuttle buses, contact us.
Blog | Wheelchair Van
Quality wheel chair lift repair in Kansas City, MO, as well as shuttle buses, commercial vehicles and more are readily available at Mid America Coach. In addition to repair services, Mid America Coach also offers the choice to buy a new or used vehicle with a wheelchair lift already installed. The decision is yours. Here are a few factors to help you come to the right conclusion for your individual mobility needs.
Wheelchair lifts for a vehicle are a great choice to improve your quality of life and increase personal mobility. It should by no means be considered an impulse buy or a purchase that should be done impromptu or spur of the moment. The purchase of a vehicle mounted wheelchair lift requires the right preparation and investment of time to make sure you end up with just the right mobility lift for your individual needs.
There are really two things to consider here. Do you want to buy a new vehicle that is already equipped with the wheelchair lift? Or, do you want to put a wheelchair lift in a vehicle you already own? If you are buying additional equipment to fit your current vehicle, you would be wise to first make sure that the equipment you purchase is compatible with your vehicle.
The right supplier of your wheelchair lift equipment should have a wide selection that can prove compatible with many different vehicles, ranging from cars and trucks to vans and sport utility vehicles. Lifts should be customized in a way that they are fitted and installed inside your vehicle. Or, you could opt to purchase lifts that will transport your wheelchair or scooter from outside the vehicle. If required, your selection should also be suitable for towing with a Class I, Class II, or Class III trailer hitch as well.
“Mid America Coach” has been in business for over 30 years, providing mobility solutions by way of personal handicapped accessible vans for those in a wheelchair. We have a full inventory of new and used personal mobility minivans and wheelchair accessible conversion kits for all types of vehicles. We also gladly offer extensive and accessible support after your vehicle purchase. Please contact us for more information on wheelchair lift repair and how we can help you make the right decision for your personal mobility needs. We would love to hear from you.
Blog | Mobility News | Shuttle Buses | Wheelchair Van
Whether you are searching for a wheelchair van for sale for personnel use, hotel shuttle, limo service, college/university, church or senior living transportation, you need to be aware that there are several Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) compliances you need to look for.
- Wheelchair lifts must be securely adhered to the door of the van.
- Van door openings must be 56 inches.
- Wheelchair lifts must have a 600 pound capacity.
- Wheelchair lifts must have a manual lift control in case of loss of electrical power.
- Wheelchair lifts must lift and lower smoothly.
- The van must have a safety lock that stops the vehicle from being driven while the lift is in operation.
- Wheelchair brakes must be locked before lift operation to avoid rolling while lift is in operation.
Wheelchair Tie Downs
- Wheelchair brakes must be locked once the chair is in position inside the van to avoid rolling while van is in motion.
- There must be 4 tie downs, one at each wheel.
- Tie downs must be securely anchored to the van floor.
- Tie downs must be able to wrap around the frame of the wheelchair at each wheel or hook onto the chair if it has built in hook capability.
- Tie downs must be able to quickly disconnect in case of an emergency.
- All persons riding in the van, including the driver, are required to wear seat belts.
- The driver of a transportation van may be required to assist disabled passengers to fasten and unfasten their seat belt if they are unable to do so themselves.
- Seat belts must meet all safety requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS), section 49, CFR part 571.
- All flooring, including any aisles, steps, and flooring under the wheelchair, must be slip resistant.
- All flooring must remain slip resistant in wet and dry conditions.
For more information on ADA wheelchair van requirements, visit their website http://www.ada.gov/. Having the knowledge of ADA compliance for wheelchair vans will help you choose the right one. Contact us today and let us help you find a wheelchair van for sale.